Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sweet 16?



at this point in my life i can't afford a gym member- ship. i need the gym, because if i don't work out and lift weights my ass wastes away to nothing and my belly balloons out of control. I call this malady Goat Belly, because i have crazy skinny arms and legs and a giant puff belly. (see diagram.)

anyway, i have free weights at home so that i can lift between phone calls and designing. usually i lift in the living room and watch mindless TV to help me forget that i'm lifting weights in my living room. Today i was watching Sweet 16 on mtv, which i'm not proud of, but i'm bringing up to point out the disparity between lives in america.

i'm sweating it out with my weights propped on two barstools. (i get under the bar once it's on the stools and then do lunges because it's too heavy to lift from the floor up over my head.) I'm thinking about how much it sucks that i can't just go to a regular gym where they have a machine that actually holds the weight for you and how ghetto i am that i use barstools. meanwhile, the bitches on sweet 16 are picking out jewelry for their party. their total comes to $290,000. on diamond fucking jewelry for one fucking night and they are 16 and haven't worked a day in their lives and they just spent three hundred thousand dollars on some fucking necklaces for their party.

i think i'm way beyond jealousy, here. i'm just pissed. i'm not pissed that i have to combat my goat belly with the help of barstools, i'm pissed that there are families out there that spend that much money in five minutes on their 16 year old daughters while there are whole fucking neighborhoods that could live on that for a year. or longer. is anyone with me on this?

i'm all about capitalism and living the american dream, but holy fuck, i'm also about giving 16 year old girls some LIMITS. what kind of nation are we raising? holla if you hear me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

We are raising Paris Hiltons, Linsday Lohans and Britney Spearses. Thank the gods I have boys. I just gotta let them know that those kinds of girls all have genital warts.

8/23/2006 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home