Tuesday, August 22, 2006

girl can SING!


check me out, i'm saying it: i was wrong. stick with me to the end of this post, i don't say that very much.

i wanted to write this whole post on how fucking obnoxious kelis is. before i start the diatribe, i have to say that i've always given her credit where it's due because she's fucking married to the ghetto prophet Nas. so there must be something to her, i knew, i just coudln't figure out what the fuck it was. the song "milkshake" coudln't have been more painful if paris hilton sang it herself. And the sideshow bob fro really annoyed me, too. I talk about the inner rage thing i feel sometimes, and the milkshake beat and orange explosion fro made it stir inside me. so i went to youtube.com to see the bossy video to get some good ammo on why she was annoying. I was going to make a joke about "prince called and he wants his hair back" or some shit. but she made me change my mind. kelis can SING.

first of all, she's MAD HOT on the bossy video. the shiny new hair is hot. all her shiny silk clothes look hot. and she
sounds good, once you get past the 808 thing. (yeah, yeah, we know about the 808. thanks for mentioning it a thousand times.) so my mind started changing.

then i checked out her song "trick me" which i hadn't ever heard. it's good. i'm listening to it right now. but can she really sing? if lindsay lohan can sound good in the studio, i'm sure they can hook kelis up, too.
so i listened to her live version of "get along with you" and she done proved me wrong. Kelis has a gorgeous voice, without the benefit of the studio. she has that breathy sort of sex voice that i'm sure made nas call her just to hear her voicemail. so i was wrong. i was the exact hater she is talking about in Bossy, and i take back all the shit i've talked about her. except for the part about milkshake. that song sucked. but the rest of her (including her diamond grill, lee) are all kinds of fine. that's all.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home