Thursday, August 17, 2006

do i clown her or feel sorry for her?


I was just at the store picking up a new teapot because i burned the shit out of the old one. I have this bad habit of leaving things on the stove and forgetting about them, especially teapots because I hate the sound of the boiling kettle whistle, so i take the top off the spout and the thing boils for four hours and starts burning before i realize it. (yeah, metal can burn. who knew?)
anyway, the girl at the store was one of those 100 lb girls with 50 lbs of makeup on her bobble head, with a ring on every finger and chintzy $3 nail tips. Which is fine, i'm not one to judge a girl based on her appearance (although it might be hard to tell from all my posts, i'm a very accepting and empathetic person. seriously.) But when she opened her mouth to ask "credit or debit?" i noticed she had fake diamonds GLUED TO HER TWO FRONT TEETH!! what. the. fuck.
Don't get me wrong, here, i fully plan on doing a small Mary J. diamond on one of my side teeth to comemorate my first million. maybe even my first $100 grand. i really like a little rock (non-DeBeers non-conflict diamond, mind you) in a tooth. But this girl had those crystal rhinestones you get to Paris Hilton-ify your Sidekick glued to her front teeth. and you could see the glue. Half of me felt REALLY sorry for her and wanted to forget the whole incident immediately and never say anything about it to anyone out of respect for the poor girl. The other half of me wanted to call someone the minute i stepped outside the store and be like holy fuck guess what i just saw.
So i'm doing the best of both worlds. I'm telling the entire blogosphere, and then i'm never speaking of it again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

oh please don't install diamonds on your teeth...your so lovely just as you are.

8/18/2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger dee goldie said...

just a tiny one on a back tooth so there's a little glint when i smile.

but you're missing the point, lee. she had RHINESTONES glued to her TWO FRONT TEETH.

8/18/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger dee goldie said...

and thanks for the complement! you're lovely, too. =)

8/18/2006 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home