Monday, January 29, 2007

this shit is kind of cool...

Someone send this to me and i have to say i think it's kind of dope. I have always said that i read by looking at a word in its entirety and not by sounding it out beginning to end...no one ever believed me but i think that this little beauty is my proof that it's possible. I guess not everyone can read it, let me know:

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid: aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! hlloa if you can raed tihs!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gary W. Longsine said...

You might enjoy the following discussion of this infamous paragraph sometimes referred to as the word jumble hoax. It's not really as much of a hoax as it is an overenthusiastic and distored presentation (pun intended) of the not entirely understood mechanisms by which people read text.

1/30/2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I had to look at "aulaclty" quite a few times before I got it. The rest was easy though.

1/31/2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger dee goldie said...

okay okay, thanks gary for pointing out that i'm not as on point with my Whole Word Reading Technique as i thought i was.

1/31/2007 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet Gary told everybody in second grade that there was no Santa Claus.

2/01/2007 1:33 PM  
Blogger Gary W. Longsine said...

Santa Clause, it turns out, is real. I saw him shaking down tourists for change in the Missoula airport.

2/01/2007 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home