Monday, October 09, 2006

Okay, i finished the book thing.

1. BOOK(s) THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE:
  • The Dancing Wu Li Masters
  • The Tibetan Book of the Dead
  • Teachings of Buddha
2. ONE BOOK THAT YOU HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE:
  • Jitterbug Perfume
3. ONE BOOK YOU WOULD WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND:
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Unabridged 5 Part Trilogy. It never stops giving.
4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH:
  • Is it bad that I can't think of a single book that made me laugh? i'm such a hard ass.

5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY:
  • Night by Elie Wiesel
6. ONE BOOK YOU WISH YOU HAD WRITTEN:
  • Blink
  • The Tipping Point
7. ONE BOOK YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN:
  • The Bible. Seriously.
8. ONE BOOK YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING:
  • An Anthropologist on Mars
9. ONE BOOK YOU HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ:
  • Freakonomics
  • The Fountainhead
10. ONE BOOK YOU ARE GLAD YOU OWN:
  • Old old old copies of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
11. ONE BOOK THAT MUST BE READ ALOUD:
  • The Mason Williams Reading Matter
"See them hors deurves, ain't they sweet?
Little piece of cheese, little piece of meat."

4 Comments:

Blogger Valency said...

Aaah-iite... I'm going to check out some of these. I love the Eastern-religion stuff... 12 years of private Catholic school screwed up my brain.

I think I'll hunt down a copy of Jitterbug Perfume... I've never read it.

10/10/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger liz said...

Jitterbug Perfume is one of the very few Robbins books I haven't read. I'm totally obsessed/consumed with his work. I know he lives here in Seattle, and if I ever run into him I will salivate and show him my tits. Immediately.

10/10/2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger dee goldie said...

I think Jitterbug Perfume is the best Robbins book. you should definitely read it if you are a fan. It's the ONLY love story i've ever read that i liked, because it tricks you into thinking it's not a love story at all. that's the best kind of romance, the epic sneaky kind. you'll see.

10/11/2006 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out how a Tom Robbins lover could've missed Jitterbug Perfume! I found a 1st edition at the library for a dollar. Would love to get it signed. He's gotta be one of the coolest guys on the planet!

10/11/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home