Wednesday, July 19, 2006

my invisible friend is better than yours.

Disclaimer: I am have nothing against religion. i think it's wonderful that people can find comfort in faith. I think that whatever gets each individual through his or her day on this insane planet is great. Just don't push it on me, or tell me i'm going to hell. seriously.

The thing I don't like is when people get really weird and obsessive about religion, and use their faith as an excuse to be a total negative asshole to fellow humans. And when I say people, I really mean this person. (open link in new window so you can follow along with my shit talking.) Notice the "150,000 people will die today" ticker that starts morbidly counting out poor souls when you open the page. (It also points out that most of these people would be going to hell.) Then notice the obnoxious crossbar in the top right hand corner. Apparently her blog is serving the lord, and I wan't sure how, until I found her line to needgod.com.
God wants her to lead people to his internet test, which I guess is replacing whatever used to happen at the old Pearly Gates.
Just to let everyone know, I took the test. I failed. I happened to have broken a commandment or two , which means I automatically failed the test. The funny part is that when you fail, they ask you if you think you are worthy of Heaven or Hell, and you click on buttons labeled as such. I said Heaven, because i'm a pretty good person. My answer? INCORRECT. "It has already been established that you are guilty of breaking his commandments", they said, so my answer of Heaven was incorrect. Then they go on to say "Please don't be discouraged...Our straightforwardness is motivated by a genuine concern for your soul." Thank you needgod.com. It feels so good to know that someone is watching out for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary W. Longsine said...

You can only be saved when you have been touched by His Noodly Appendage.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

1/21/2007 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home